I recently arrived at my boyfriends house and the counter was covered in apples from his parents back yard. He looked at me ans said “do you know how to make apple pie?” I actually had never made an apple … Continue reading
Fall is not always my favorite time of year, the pools are closed, the mountains do not have snow yet, I always feel very in limbo. However, I can always appreciate the beauty of the leaves changing in the … Continue reading
I have loved the farmers market this summer! We went last weekend and filled a bag up with a variety of vegetables for $10, it was everything we could stuff in the bag, so I ended up with things I wouldn’t normally think to grab when I am at the grocery store. I ended up with 2 little eggplants and figured they would be perfect for a version of eggplant Parmesan. This is much healthier than a traditional recipe, sorry vegetarians…I added some meat
Hope You Enjoy!!!
- ½ pound chicken chorizo
- 2 small eggplants
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 egg - beat
- coconut oil
- garlic pepper
- garlic salt
- Heat Oven to 400
- In a cast iron skillet (or other oven safe device) brown the chicken chorizo. Add the tomatoes and cook for another two minutes. Remove from pan and set to side
- While cooking, cut the eggplant into ¼ inch slices. Beat egg. Mix together Parmesan cheese, garlic salt and garlic pepper to taste.
- Dip eggplant pieces into egg and then into cheese to coat both side, set on a plate.
- Heat Coconut oil in cast iron skillet, brown half of the eggplant pieces on medium heat, about 2 mins per side. Remove, add more oil and brown the rest of the eggplant pieces.
- When finished arrange all the eggplant in the skillet. Top with Chorizo and Tomato mixture. Top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cook in oven for 15 minutes.