I have already signed up for 3 races this summer! Spartan, Rugged Maniac, and Graffiti Run! I love doing these races partly for the motivation, but more for the fun memories they bring with friends and family. There’s nothing like crawling through the mud or climbing over a seemingly impossible obstacle to create a bonding experience. And there are always the war wounds to brag about over beers afterwards!
So if you are planning on celebrating VDay with someone special and don’t want to deal with an overly crowded restaurant filled with awkward new couples on first dates…this would be a good recipe. And you can get drunk on wine and not have to worry about driving home afterwards to make woopie…I’m just saying.
This dish is super flavorful while still remaining healthy. The asparagus recipe will be on my site tomorrow. The sweet potato will be an extra bonus for today…bake it in foil and top it with butter, honey, and cinnamon…you’re welcome.
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 8 oz Mahi Mahi (enough to feed 2)
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 450F
- Combine, applesauce, horseradish, green onion, vinegar, and coconut oil
- Sprinkle Mahi Mahi with Pepper
- Place fish on a baking sheet covered in foil…you may want to run some oil on it to prevent sticking
- Spoon apple mixture over Mahi Mahi, coating evenly
- Make foil into a bowl shape around the fish
- Place in oven for 15-20 mins until fish flakes easily with fork
- Enjoy with Asparagus and a baked potato